Roof Moisture Surveys
Roof Moisture Surveys for Commercial Flat roofs.
Billions of dollars are lost each year by unwarranted flat roof replacement on commercial buildings. EMA performs roof moisture surveys for all type of commercial and industrial flat roofs using state-of-the-art equipment and various ASTM standard to detect moisture underneath the roofing membranes using roof moisture surveys for large roof areas. This non-destructive testing method is often combined with electric capacitance/ impedance testing and/or infrared moisture verification testing to accurately identify water entry pathways and areas of entrapped water. EMA can readily perform roof moisture surveys on the commercial roofs and report the results to owners, so they know which parts need replacement. The results of the moisture survey can be verified by Infrared roof moisture scanning also.
Roof moisture surveys for testing built-up roofing and non-conductive single-ply membrane can be done either using a nuclear method or electrical impedance. It provides instantaneous, clear indications of roof conditions and is able to detect as little as 2% excess moisture in these large-scale roofing systems. This testing method can be performed in conjunction with, or in certain cases in lieu of infrared thermography in flat roof inspections.
Our roof surveys are done by Dec Scanner, a non-destructive impedance scanner designed for the instant surveying of moisture conditions in roofing and waterproofing systems per ASTM D7954. Ideal for water leak detection in roofing materials.
Features of Roof Surveys
- Complies to ASTM D7954
- Non-destructive impedance moisture meter.
- Three ranges of sensitivity enable the inspection of a variety of roof membranes and insulation thicknesses.
- Ergonomic easy-reach and easy to operate control panel.
- Leak tracing, water leak detection, problem sourcing, and an instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition.
- Fast readings over large roof areas in a short time frame.
- Work in normal daylight hours.
- Faster and more user-friendly than nuclear meters.
- Easy and safe to use with no regulatory restrictions or operating license required.
- Dependable solid-state circuitry and rugged molded body for long-term reliability.
Saturated insulation in your roofing system can lead to water intruding your building. When water enters your building, not only can it damage your building’s systems and components, but it can also jeopardize the health and safety of your building’s tenants. Things like black mold can easily form in insulation and on ceiling tiles. When this happens, it can get in the air and tenants can breathe it in, causing major health issues. With an infrared roof moisture inspection, our experts can locate the areas of increased temperature and help you identify water intrusion sites.